Q. How do I request materials from another IU campus?
IU Kokomo students, faculty, and staff may place online requests for delivery of materials from other IU libraries. Requests for delivery typically take approximately 4-7 business days to complete.
To use the Request Delivery service:
- Access IUCAT, the library's online catalog, at https://www.iucat.iu.edu/.
- Using the My Account link, log in to your IUCAT account.
- Conduct a search, and select the item you would like to request.
- On the details page for the item, click on the red Request This button on the right side of the page.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select a library from the drop-down menu. This is the library where you would like to pick up the item. (There is only one option for Kokomo: "Kokomo Library.")
- Select the account for your request. This will most likely be your name.
- Click on the red Request Delivery button to submit your request.
After submission, your request will be confirmed or denied. If the request is denied, you will receive a link with More Options to learn why your request failed.
Note that materials from the following libraries are excluded from the Request Delivery service:
- Archives of Traditional Music Library
- Bloomington Residence Halls
- CEDIR Library
- Cyclotron Library
- IUB Law Library
- IUB Kinsey Library
- La Rue Carter Hospital
- Lilly Library
- University Archives Library
Some additional materials (e.g. reference books, other non-circulating collections, short-term loan collections) from other libraries may also be excluded. Materials that are checked out also may not be requested.
You are welcome to Ask Us for assistance placing requests for library materials at other IU campuses.
To inquire about the status of an item(s) you have requested through Request Delivery, please contact the Circulation desk at (765) 455-9513 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requested items may be picked up at the Circulation desk in the library.