May I donate materials to the library?
The IU Kokomo Library welcomes gifts of materials that enhance the strength of its collections and support the instructional and research programs of the University. If you are thinking of donating materials to the library, we will ask to review a list of all gifts prior to acceptance, and we reserve the right to decline an offer of material. Outdated textbooks, superseded editions, duplicate copies, material in some foreign languages, items in poor physical condition, outdated material formats, and magazines are not accepted.
To donate materials, please:
- Provide a bibliographic list of all materials being offered; do not bring the materials to the library.
- The list must include for each item: title; author; copyright date; publisher; edition statement; and a note of poor, good, or excellent physical condition.
- If appropriate, the list should also indicate format if anything other than print material (e.g. DVD).
- Include donor name, address, and preferred method of contact. This can be a telephone number or an e-mail address.
- Send the list via e-mail or postal mail to the attention of Ria Lukes, Technical Services Librarian, at email@example.com or the library address. You may also drop off the list at the library.
IU Kokomo Library
2300 S Washington St
P.O. Box 9003
Kokomo, IN 46904-9003
The complete IU Kokomo Library Gift Policy is available on our website.