How do I request materials from another IU campus?
IU Kokomo students, faculty, and staff may place online requests for delivery of materials from other IU libraries. Requests for delivery usually take approximately 4-7 business days to complete.
To use the Request Delivery service:
- Access IUCAT, the library's online catalog, at http://www.iucat.iu.edu/.
- Using the My Account link, log in to your IUCAT account.
- Conduct a search, and select the item you would like to request.
- On the details page for the item, click on the red Request This button on the right side of the page.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select a library from the drop-down menu. This is the library where you would like to pick up the item. (There is only one option for Kokomo: "Kokomo Library.")
- Select the account for your request. This will most likely be your name.
- Click on the red Request Delivery button to submit your request.
After submission, your request will be confirmed or denied. If the request is denied, you will receive a link with More Options to learn why your request failed.
Note that materials from the following libraries are excluded from the Request Delivery service:
- Archives of Traditional Music Library
- Bloomington Residence Halls
- CEDIR Library
- Cyclotron Library
- IUB Law Library
- IUB Kinsey Library
- La Rue Carter Hospital
- Lilly Library
- University Archives Library
Some additional materials (e.g. reference books, other non-circulating collections, short-term loan collections) from other libraries may also be excluded. Materials that are checked out also may not be requested.
Please feel free to Ask A Librarian for assistance placing requests for library materials at other IU campuses.
To inquire about the status of an item(s) you have requested through Request Delivery, please contact the Circulation/Reserves Desk at (765) 455-9513 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requested items may be picked up at the Circulation/Reserves service desk in the library.